Monday, January 23, 2012

The Labyrinth: Ye Olde quiet January

So, is January the month that all of YOU get to clearing out old things?
Seeing what is buried beneath the everyday piles of debris =O
I know that I have personally been on an epic quest...
Doing battle with the dustbunny monsters in my room and finding ancient relics from the past!
But the quest is long and tedious so I figure a break from cleaning to blog about it is only natural.


But new things are on the rise!
That is what January is allllll about!
Besides it's the last year on earth, after all, being the year 2012.
Things are meant to come to a crashing end very soon...*nods sagely*
Though I wont be terribly surprised if 2013 sneaks up on us silently and swiftly minus any global tidal waves, fiery chasms, or alien invasions.

Wait personal ramblings?
Right, the store!
What's new at the store?!

Well, the cribbage tournament in January did very well indeed with over 18 attendees. Below I figured we could showcase the two winners Derek and Tony along with Pete who is organizing the events at the store! Is it just me or does the red eye in this picture make the trio of them look all sinister? o.O
*cowers in the face of their cribbagey might*



If you missed out on this last tourney or just want to play again the sign up sheet for the next one February is here at the store if you want to get registered early. Spots went fast last go and it would be a shame to miss out! Other than that, congrats to both winners and a hearty cheer for all those that came out and gave it their all!

Future Myyystery Tournament!:

What with the board game blitz coming up, regular group art shows, cribbage tourneys, and D&D encounters every Thursday there is a lot going on. But why not have more? :O
I figured a poll might be in order to see what tournaments YOU the customers and readers want to have at Minotaur in the near future.
It would be a tournament that I'd run myself ASAP but now all that's holding me back is what something would be to pique everyone's interests. Now this hasn't worked in the past... but mayyyybe just maybe folks might weigh in for a change and hollah back about what they think I should run as an event. If not on the blog then at least on the Minotaur Games and Gifts facebook group so that we can decide what cool stuff to organize.

Munchkin? Settlers? A Card Game? a COLLECTABLE card game? Maybe something GMT/Military strat related or a good old fashion hasbro round robin monopoly editions tourney? *snickers*

You call the shots Kingston!
Lets get some feedback about what gaming arena you want to clash in next and I will make it so!
Also we need a new window display... *muses*
Something valentinish I'm guessin will appear sooner or later...but I'm rather clueless when it comes to windows that don't involve dragons and spells XD

Creative Corner:

Alright back to me!
Story writing?
I did nanowrimo back in November but never ended up pulling it together and proofreading it in December for obvious reasons like...oh how crazy busy we are with Christmas.
I kind of feel like i should be editing my piles of loose pages and pulling together a story from it to make a quasi finished work.
But I keep finding myself addicted to starting something new...it's those first few thousand words XD
Knowing that it's a new path that has yet to fully flush itself out that could develop into anything is a very exciting feeling when writing!
Well either I'll finally put the nail in the coffin and polish up that story or instead I'll finish the work I had already started back in the summer that still beckons to me...
We shall see...maybe another chapter or so will pop its way up onto the blog as personal encouragement.

But that's all for now folks.


This has been the Labyrinth and I'm Henry McCulloch. Game on!




No comments:

Post a Comment